Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toaster Strudel

Every year for our birthdays my brother and I get some delicious raspberry Toaster Strudel. It’s a big treat for us because my mom is kind of a health food freak so we never got to eat any thing like Pop tarts or Toaster Strudel. We get it delivered to us in bed with some bacon and a little candle in it. It’s even better when my mom is an extra good mood and she doubles up on the frosting, putting on two packs instead of just one. Because we all know that the sugar filled frosting is the best part of the whole thing. But the fluffy pastry is heavenly to me and the raspberry filling is definitely the best flavor of them all. But the key was to toast it enough without burning it but also having it nice and warm on the inside. Sometimes it would still be cold in the middle and that was just tragic. It’s the start of a great day and is a tradition that has been going on for as long as I can remember. I just turned twenty and I still got my raspberry Toaster Strudel with a candle in it. It’s a silly tradition my family does but I still love it. In fact, I still only eat Toaster Strudel on my birthday because it makes it that much better and I still feel like it’s a treat when I get it. Whenever I think of Toaster Strudel I think of happy memories and my past birthdays, which always put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment