Wednesday, August 25, 2010

European Delights

All throughout my childhood and into high school I was in choir. In my choir we traveled a lot to different states in the US. However the summer of my junior year of high school we traveled to different cities in Europe. The food that we had in Europe was like nothing I have ever had before. The foods were rich, creamy and real. They had food markets all over town; everywhere you went there was fresh food right from the farm. I remember having one distinct meal almost every day, Wiener schnitzel in Austria. Wiener schnitzel is veal covered in bread crumbs, fried and served with lingonberry jam. The way it tasted was nothing like fried food in the US. Eating meat with jam sounded repulsing to me at first, but once I tried it, it was sweet and delicious. Another dish that was hard to single out was an amazing stew served with quail that I had in Budapest. It was the most delicious authentic meal I have ever had in my life and would do anything to eat it again. The reason I chose these events and meals was because it was one of the best experiences and foods that I have ever had. The ability to go to another country with 40 of my best friends eat, sing, and play was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment