Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grandma's Cookies

Ever since I can remember I have always had a sweet tooth. I think it may have started when I was younger when my mom would always bribe my brothers and I with candy if we behaved, but she disagrees. My mom blames my sweet tooth on my Grandma. From all the delicious pies that my grandma always used to bring to our family gatherings, or my special ice cream birthday cake that she made for me because she knows I do not like cake, or the best chocolate chip cookies that we made every time that we spent the night at her house.

The cookies would become a regular routine as my brothers and I spent the night at Grandma's house. As we would walk into the house, we could see all the ingredients already layed out across the counter top. We would slowly start to mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and more as we created the best cookie dough ever. As soon as the dough was completely made, Grandma would place the dough into the freezer for it to harden. This was when I would sneek into the freezer and eat the cookie dough while everyone else was watching TV. Even though I would get the worse stomach ache every time I did this, I could not help but eat the cookie dough. All I heard was Grandma's voice in the back of my head saying "you will get Salmonella!" as I continued sneeking the cookie dough.

Still to this day I have not gotten Salmonella, but I have gotten sick from eating too much of the cookie dough. I have yet to have learned my lesson because the delicious taste of the cookie dough will always be worth the pain of a stomach ache. Although I do enjoy the taste and smell of the freshly baked cookies as they come hot out of the oven, I still cannot resist the chocolate chip cookie dough.

This memory is an important one to me because I am extremely close with my grandparents and this is one of my favorite bonding times with my Grandma ever since I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment